I am completely in love with the turmeric, cinnamon, ginger flavour combo at the moment! You can read all about the anti-inflammatory and gut health benefits of turmeric in my Turmeric Milk recipe post.
It's still winter here in Australia and this is my favourite warm smoothie recipe. It's just like a turmeric latte with fruit! Of course you can always just add the milk cold, or the banana and strawberries frozen if you prefer your smoothies chilled.
If you do heat your milk first, check that your blender can tolerate warm food/liquid or use a stick blender instead.
Black pepper may not sound like your average smoothie ingredient but is helps you to absorb the turmeric, so just add a small pinch or a little bit from a pepper grinder.
When it comes to a good quality gelatin, you can read about the brands I prefer to use in this post on Gelatin Gummies.
banana turmeric smoothie
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- little pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp gelatin
Prep and cooking time , Serves 1.
- Warm the almond milk in a saucepan on the stove, the microwave or in a milk frother until just warm, you don't need to bring it to a simmer or boil as that will be too hot to drink
- While it is heating add all the other ingredients to a blender
- Add the almond milk once it has warmed and blitz
If you make the smoothie be sure to let me know, I'd love to see your pics on Instagram or Facebook!